Jill Cochran PhD, RN-BC, FNP
Jill Cochran PhD, RN-BC, FNP
Education / Training
Ph.D. WVU School of Nursing at Morgantown, WV Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing
MSN WVU School of Nursing at Morgantown, WV Masters of Science in Nursing
FNP WVU School of Nursing at Morgantown, WV Requirements for Family Nurse Practitioner completed 1991 Cum Laude
BSN WVU School of Nursing at Morgantown, WV Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) Cum Laude
RN Roanoke Memorial Hospital at Roanoke, VA Completed requirements for a diploma in professional nursing. Trained in 1000 bed hospital and rural hospitals in all specialties.
Dr. Cochran is involved in many transitional research projects focused on diabetes, childhood obesity, health care needs of children with special healthcare needs, and care of children in rural Appalachia.
- Nurse Practitioner of the Year 1999-Marshall University School of Nursing.
- Outstanding Adjunct Faculty Award 1998- Marshall University School of Nursing.
- Field Professor of the Year
- Rural Health Education Partnership 1997.
- Student Research Award WVRHEP/AHEC 2007
- AANP State Award for Excellence 2007
- "Fifty Golden Graduates" 2010 West Virginia University. Nominated and selected as one of the schools "50" graduates
Research Publications & Presentations
- WVSOM Mid-Winter Conference "Primary Care and Dental Varnish" 2012 -"Dentistry in Primary Care" program committee for educational event.
- "Stone Soup" Using students in obesity interventions. Presentation AACOM 2012
- "Noninvasive Biomarkers for Monitoring Cardiometabolic Risk in Children" Presentation WVSOM Research Day 2012; Obesity Conference 2013; AANP 2014
- "Nurse Practitioners in Primary Care" speaker for Osteopathic Medicine Health Policy Fellowship.
- "Pediatric Office Emergencies in Primary Care" WVSOM Summer Conference and Alumni Anniversary Meeting.
- "Parental perception of their Child's weight status and associated demographic factors | Cochran | online journal of rural nursing and health care Retrieved 1/18/2013, 2013, from http://rnojournal.binghamton.edu/index.php/RNO/article/view/71
- "Physical Assessment of an Obese Pediatric Patient" AHEC CME on 3/1/2013
- "Using Electronic Medical Records for Program and Outcome Improvement" Poster West Virginia Rural Health Association, 2013
- "Building Bridges: under construction" Presented at the WVCSTI Obesity Summit May 2014. -"MDIT in Child Abuse" AHEC conference April 2014
- "Using Electronic Health Record Data to Develop Appropriate Interventions for Obese and Overweight Pediatric Patients in a Rural Primary Care Center" with Adam Baus, MPH. Online Journal of Nursing Informatics (OJNI), vol.19 (1), Available at http://www.himss.org/ojni
- "A Demographic Analysis of the Special Needs Population in a Rural Health Clinic" WVSOM Mid-Winter Conference, 2015. (Cochran, et al)
- "Hypertension in a Rural West Virginia Pediatric Population". A. Thorp, J. Cochran, K., Bridges Poster Presentation at 2015 Ohio osteopathic symposium poster competition
- "EBM and Mobile Applications in the Classroom", AACOM, 2015